We also follow an ‘open door policy’ and welcome parents’ feedback to help improve the systems and processes of the school. A body named ‘The Parent Teacher Association’ is in place with its membership comprising the senior management functionaries of the school as well as parent representatives. Form Representatives and Class Representatives are also nominated, to give a boost to parental involvement in school activities. A meeting of this body is held every two months to take up and address and concerns raised by the parents or to discuss issues put forward by the school such that they work with the school, being completely involved in important decisions which would affect the children.
Some of the ways in which parents contribute in school are:
- Parents come in to address the children, in their professional capacities, for instance a lawyer parent coming in for a talk on The Indian Constitution.
- Parents may conduct a regular story telling session in a particular grade.
- They come in as volunteers for children needing extra support in the classroom.
- Parents as a group put up special assemblies for the Children’s Day /festivals like Christmas.
- Putting up ‘White Elephant Sale’ on Open day to collect money for charitable purposes.
- The Shri Udaan programme has been initiated by a group of parents and it is the parent volunteers ( assisted by tutors) who are carrying it forward with support & guidance from the school.
- The ‘Mad About…” series of events was spearheaded by parents in the year 2010, with ‘Mad About Science’ and ‘Mad About Science ++’ in the years 2010 and 2011 respectively and ‘Mad About Heritage’ in 2012.
The names & other details of the secretaries and members of the PTA’s Executive Committee are mentioned below: